our sites, and when you use our services. This policy also applies to our treatment of any personally identifiable
information that our business partners share with us. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies
that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit or use our pages. We may also receive
personally identifiable information from our business partners. We also automatically receive and record
information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page
you requested. We may use this information for three general purposes: to customize the content you see, to
fulfill your requests for certain services and information, and to contact you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. We will send personally
identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- we have your consent to share the information;
- we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- we need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of our site to provide a product or
service to you (unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally
identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process;
- or we find that your actions on our web sites violate the above terms of service, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
We may set and access cookies on your computer.
Innovative Timing Systems is committed to GDPR compliance across ITS and ITS YOUR RACE services. We are also committed to helping our EU customers with their GDPR compliance journey by providing robust privacy and security protections.
What is the GDPR?
The GDPR is a regulation intended to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the EU. It aims to protect the fundamental right to privacy and the protection of personal data.
What information does ITS collect from users?
- Information from registration of Events: first and last name; email address and your desired password; display name; date of birth; subscription preferences; information about your activities and interests; other profile data, such as contact information, gender, and photo; physical activities or similar health related information; emergency contact information; other members of your team; and T-shirt size.
- Information from logging in to our websites.
- Information regarding Charitable Events/Fundraising.
- Other Information we collect for legitimate purposes.
How does ITS use the information?
- We use your information to provide our services, including customer service or/ and technology support, or/and product improvements.
- We may provide your information to the event organizer and event timer.
- We use your information to provide results of events.
- We use your information to contact you for your requests.
- We use your information to improve our websites for future services.
- We use your information to follow-up regarding future events, and/ or additional services.
- We use your information for R&D purposes.
- We do not sell your information to any outside party.
What is ITS doing to comply GDPR?
- ITS customers have the right to access, erase, and object to their data. Click here for instructions.
- ITS will assist our customers, insofar as possible, to respond to data subject requests our customers may receive under the GDPR. We will assist our customers with responding to individual rights requests that they receive under the GDPR. Click here for instructions.
- ITS will limit personal data processing to specified, legitimate purposes and will limit personal data collection and storage to intended purposes. ITS will ensure that employees authorized to process personal data have committed to confidentiality. We store data in data centers located in the US. We may also allow ITS employees and contractors to access certain data for product R&D, customer and technical support purposes.
- ITS ensures that personal data is protected using appropriate security practices. ITS implements organizational and technical safeguards to secure our users' data under the requirement of GDPR.
- ITS commits to having the appropriate data transfer mechanisms in place as required by GDPR. If you use our services from Europe, we store your data in servers located in U.S. To safeguard your data when it leaves the European Economic Area, we commit to access, use, store or share your personal data in accordance with the international transfer mechanism of GDPR.
- ITS will assist with notifying regulators of breaches and promptly communicating any breaches to customers and users. Companies that suffer a data breach that creates significant risk for data subjects must provide notice within 72 hours of discovering the breach. This is the first time the EU will have a data breach notification law and it creates a far shorter notification period than exists in the U.S.
If you have any questions about these changes, please reach out to us using the